Thursday, October 13, 2011

Can You See Me

Can you see me for who I really am
underneath the fear that burdens me?
Can you see what I want to do
without someone telling me who I can be?

Can you see that I am broken
from years of being held down?
Can you see how I want to be free
And smile instead of frown?

Can you see the shattered pieces
I am deperately struggling to repair
taking steps each day to find my way
relying on a wisper of the wind, carrying my prayer.

Can you see how you open me
to all that is possible with time?
The thought of success for even a moment
is painful yet equally sublime.

Can you see that it isnt you
in who I dont believe?
The truth be known, now witness unfolding
as I admit, the falling short, is in me.

Can you see I am afraid,
from a life ridden with hurt and pain
I am trying my best to heal my heart
and learning to live again.

Please help me Lord, I'm trying
Holding fast to your word I pray
To help me go forth, doing thy will
Simply taking this life day by day.

No comments:

Post a Comment