Thursday, August 20, 2009

The Nag

Nag, Nag, Nag....
That's what he says to me
Unbeknownst to him
This is my destiny.

With the perils of the family
On my shoulders to rely
Responsibilities of home life
Is mine until I die.

Caring for the children
Cook and clean all day
Budget the finances
All the bills to pay.

My days last not eight hours
But well into the night
Finding peace and quiet
Is an unending daily fight.

I balance life and family
Ease the burdens he would bare
His words cut through my heart
As he calls me nag without a care.

Predestined for this calling
He heaps his woes on me
But forbidden be that I shall vent
A nag is all he sees.

Not a wife seeking validation
who is stressed beyond compare
He calls me nag if I suggest
A worry or a care.

Just a world of constant duties
As I run this home and life
Putting others needs before her own
Is a dutiful Mom and wife.

It's not the husband or the father
That bares the sacrifice
Just the nagging matriarch
Who's soul will pay the price.

What thanks is given to her
For the tasks she undertakes?
The title of the nag of course
The descriptive that she hates.

Webster’s defines the word itself
As feelings of anxiety
An overworked horse is also a nag
Perhaps, after all --- a fitting deity.

No comments:

Post a Comment