Saturday, August 22, 2009

Letting Go

In my arms, I held you close. I never thought I would have to let go---
Yet the days passed by so quickly, and you were leaving.

It felt like yesterday, you smiled at me, spoke my name, melted my heart---
I never thought the day would come that you would depart, but here it is.

We once walked together, holding hands, embracing, sweet kisses, all irreplaceable---
I never thought those days would come to an end, but they have.

We lived life with eyes wide, full of wonderment, each day another surprise---
I never knew it would hurt so bad to lose you, but it does.

I can only look back on the days gone by, all memories now---
I hold them close never letting go, will you too? I can only hope.

Spread your wings, experience life, new adventures await you---
I will watch from afar, as much as I want, I cannot journey with you.

My child you've grown, the years have flown by in a mere blink of the eye---
I'll miss you so as you venture out and experience life, my pride and joy.

Its my privilage to be your mother, the days I've spent all blessings as you grew---
I hope you know how much I Love you, with every fiber in my being, Always.

You will forever be my heart and soul---

You are my child---

No comments:

Post a Comment